Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Dating in the 21st Century: I want you to have my baby. . .Boy bye!

I love love and I'm all for having fun while dating. But here's what I don't understand, why do some men think telling a woman "I want you to have my baby" is some kind of prize.
We're not talking about a man telling the woman he's seeing that he wants to marry her then start a family.  And here's the kicker, when you tell him that you don't want to have his baby, he gets mad. I don't get it. When did having a baby with a guy who you're just having a good time with become a sign of commitment?

My BFF and I were talking about this earlier today. She said a guy she's dating keeps telling her that he wants her to have his kid —keep in mind that this guy hasn't tried to have a serious relationship with her and he hasn't dropped down to one knee and said will you marry me.

When she laughed in his face and said "boy, bye." He actually launched into, "You don't want to have my baby?"
Why would she want to have a baby with a dude who can commit? Having his baby would mean what? A status symbol for him? How would the child be raised when his or her father only wanted to make him or her to prove that he could get his or her mother to have unprotected sex with him?

Because at the end of the day, that's what it's really about. It's not about actually having a baby or starting a family, it's about being irresponsible because he doesn't want to wear a condom. So, in the words of my BFF, Boy, bye! Grab some lotion and touch yourself.

1 comment:

Cheris Hodges said...

Check out another horrible dating story!
https://sublimesatisfaction.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/adventures-in-online-dating-can-i-get-to-no-you-umm-no/