Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Coffee makes the words come faster. . .

Over the last three weeks, I've been going to sleep at the butt crack of dawn as I've been plotting, writing and drinking.

Drinking coffee, that is.

Normal people probably have their last cup of coffee around noon. But who said I was normal? I'm a writer. And since I'm trying to make more healthy choices with my life, I can't sit here and eat chocolate while my deadline slowly creeps up on me, so around 12:45 a.m., I have a big ass cup of coffee.

So, what has this late night cup of joe gotten me? Three proposals (for books cause you know I'm allergic to love in real life), insomnia, a wall of story boards, a relationship with Hulu and it's crazy movies and a strange addiction to almonds. Plain. Smoked. Almonds.

Sometimes the coffee makes the words flow like water. I look up just in time to see the sun rising and think, huh. You might need to go to bed. Because I do have a day job. :(

Then after a few hours of sleep, I read what the coffee has inspired and sometimes it is straight trash. I delete just as many words as I've written.
And then there are the plot holes. Some small, some big as the Grand Canyon.

But I'm a writer. And this is what I do.

Sleep will come in the morning, but these characters need some TLC tonight.

No comments: