Becoming Nola Darling (minus the rape)


So, I'm sitting here watching She's Gotta Have It for the hundredth time. The first time I saw this movie, I didn't get it. I thought it was all about sex. Hell, I was a teenager, so that's why I wanted to watch it. 

But as a 32-year-old, watching this movie has led me to believe that Nola Darling had the right idea about relationships. Why settle for one man? It’s not as if I have a goal of being Mrs. Somebody any more. Marriage is an institution and institutions are for crazy people.
I thought I was falling in love and I thought I'd met the last honest man in the Queen City, but after a check of text messages on his cell phone--I was wrong. 

Most women my age are married, engaged or mothers. I'm none of those and I don't want to be. I'm sick and tired of the games people play and men not knowing what the hell they want. All I want is a little honesty. 

Honesty worked for Nola Darling and yes, I know this was a movie. But she let the three men she'd been seeking know about each other. Too bad more men won't and can't do the same. So, I'm going to try dating Nola Darling style. I'm tired of the games and the lies--so, it's time to have some fun. Time to do what the hell I want to do and not consider what he's going to think or how he feels. It seems that he didn't give a shit about my feelings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty