No more lying about my age

It's a shame when your niece and nephews don't know how old you are. At first, I laughed when my niece told me she thought I was 27 for four years, but then it hit me. I was doing her a disservice. What was I teaching her about aging? That as a woman she had to lie to be accepted? That is the last lesson I want to teach a girl who is as smart and beautiful as my Bre.
Sure, I do things that people do to stay looking young. Anti-aging cream, check. Hair dye, check.
Exercise, on occasion (lol). But I have no reason to be ashamed of getting older. If I look like my mom when I get her age, I'm going to be a lucky writer.

I dye my hair, not because I have gray strands, but because it's something I've been doing since sixth grade. Unfortunately, where I find gray hair is not something I want to discuss in public. Moving on. But over the last 33 years, what do I have to complain about?

I made mistakes, learned lessons and am living a dream. So, this Tuesday when I blow another candle out, I'm going to embrace and celebrate 34 years of living. And, I'm not going to lie, I look good for 34. LOL!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty