You can't tell me how to feel about your symbols of hate

Dear White People, 

You don’t get to tell me or any other black person how to feel about the confederate flag. You can’t control how I feel about white terrorism. That flag that you claim is your heritage means death and lynching to my ancestors. And to put a modern twist on things for you, that flag was used when your cousins killed James Byrd in Texas, that flag is flown when your uncles and grandfathers are donning their KKK sheets. But hey, if that’s what you want to call your heritage, go with it.
That flag that you cling to so tightly was a battle flag and guess what, you all -y’all- lost. The South will not rise again, we’re one nation. And again, y’all lost. 

You don’t get to fly your loser flag and tell me that I have to respect your heritage. It’s a heritage of hate. It’s not Southern. Sweet tea is southern, pecans, southern as fuck. That flag is hate, that flag is a symbol of losers. That flag is used to invoke fear and is a tool of racists. So, your heritage is hate and losing. Okay. If you want to go with that, have at it. But you can’t tell me how I’m supposed to feel about seeing it displayed on your car, on your shirt or flying in my neighborhood. 


So, you and the flag you flew in on. You and the war you lost and your heritage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

Naughty or Nice. . .Is Liza Palmer being naughty or nice?