What I'm thankful for . . .

Some times you may turn the TV on and watch the craziness that has become the world and want to throw your hands up in despair.
Some time, you're tired of seeing bad people win while good ones suffer. You might get up in the morning and curse the job that you're heading to; oh wait, that's just me. . .
But there is always more to be thankful for.
I'm thankful for every breath I take, thankful for my mama's mac and cheese, thankful for my daddy, thankful for God blessing me with a passion for writing.

I'm thankful that I had 13 good years with my grandmother, who taught me how to love and how to throw shade. I'm thankful for my brother and my sister who made me an auntie — actually, the coolest auntie in the world.

I'm thankful for my friend who introduced me to sushi and shrimp sauce. I'm thankful to my niece who reminds me every day that life isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.
I'm thankful to my nephews and the men they have become and continue to grow into. I'm especially thankful that they have girlfriends who aren't crazy or ugly. (Super thankful for that last part)

I'm thankful that people want to read the stories that I tell, that I'm allow to escape into a world of fantasy and share it with world. I'm thankful that I'm alive and I have a chance to make mistakes and learn from them.

So, on this day of Thanksgiving, while we fellowship with our families and enjoy mac and cheese that doesn't have blueberries in it, remember someone who doesn't know how much they have to be thankful for and show them some love.
Remember that you are loved and someone is thankful for you right now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman