When you can't say it, your friends can! "For Colored Girls, When No Should Have Been Enough… I’m Sorry We Continue To Fail You"

I'm lucky to have a tribe of friends who are smarter than I am. Who are better writers than I am. And what a blessing it is to know, KD King! 
First, let me introduce you to my sis!
KD King is the author of Torn
Anaria Okam breathes war. She lives for vengeance. Wekari, an enemy planet, took the most precious thing from her –her mother. Though her mother lives in body, she is broken in spirit. Since the time Anaria could understand words, her father, ruler of the planet Loden, instilled in her the need to seek vengeance and destroy Wekari.
While trading goods on the neutral planet of Atlzo she spots the enemy, Marshall Kalil Umba, leader of the Wekarian armies. Seizing an opportunity, she follows him. As she gets close to him, her body lights with need. Then the embers of desire cause her whole body to glow. 
Kalil, of the space ship Destruction has finally found his mate. He realizes she is a warrior from the enemy planet of Loden. He captures her. Now he must make her trust him, love him, and leave everything she has ever known.
KD King is also the Edusexual! 
And she is the author of a blog that sums up my feelings on how we as a society, community and a nation have failed black girls.

As a black woman in America there is not a time or space where I get a break — a break from sexism, racism, misogyny, or patriarchy. I don’t get a break from feeling some undeserved sense of loyalty to black men and the backlash I get from my community when I don’t. Let me be honest here, I’m loyal to ME. I’m loyal to BLACK WOMEN. And that loyalty is a fight. A fight against my brothers, a fight against my sisters, a fight against a world that does not support black women. It’s an emotionally draining fight endured almost daily.
So, I was dishonest with myself in what I could push out at that time. Time did NOT heal wounds. For that to happen, folks would have to quit stabbing it.
Did society suddenly change in the past year?
Nope.
Okay then.
What sparked me to finish this is simple, I was leaving too many damn comments on social media.
Hell, I started a damn blog post about all the shit I’m saying in random comments. Guess it’s time to finish it.
And with the documentary Surviving R. Kelly, it’s definitely time.
So, to all the black girls out there. I’m so sorry we have and continue to fail you. And to all the women, who have overcome or have yet to overcome the traumas of childhood, I’m sorry for the little girl we failed.
The system fails black girls — Cyntoia Brown a sex trafficking victim who killed her assailant, will die in jail. Her trauma will never be cared for. She was failed at every level and continues to be failed.
Read the full blog here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty