Meet Synithia Williams, author of You Can't Plan Love



Debut romance author Synithia Williams is building a huge buzz around her novel, You Can't Plan Love. She was featured in USA Today and deservedly so. Williams crafted a sexy and page turning read.


1.              How did you come up with the story of You Can’t Plan Love?

Nothing specific lead me to this story. It came from one of the typical “what if” moments we writer’s have. What if a woman hurt in the past tried to plan her love life. I don’t think love is something that can be planned, and if more people stopped planning and just went with things I think happiness will follow.

2.              Have you always wanted to write romance?

Yes! I’ve read romance since I was a teen. I hand wrote my first two romance novels in high school. After that real life kicked in and writing was a hobby that I occasionally returned to. In 2010 I saw a friend pack up her family so that she could go to law school. Seeing her pursue a dream was the kick in the butt I needed. I finished my book, researched publishing options and sought feedback to help improve my story.

3.              What’s the best thing about being a published author?

Seeing my name/book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and all those other places my book is listed. Yeah, it’s kinda vain, but it’s also awesome!

4.              How did you celebrate the release of your book?

With a pre-release party the Saturday before it launched. I invited family, friends, co-workers, my husband’s co-workers and beta readers. It may seem silly to some to celebrate with a big party before the book came out, but to me this was an achievement of a lifelong dream and completely worth a party.

5.              What’s next on the horizon for you?

I’m still writing. My second book is scheduled for release from my publisher (Crimson Romance) on January 7, 2013. I’m taking a break from revisions from my third manuscript to write a novella I hope to finish before Christmas. And since the characters in a fourth novel are bothering, me I’m writing a few hundred words here and there on their story.

6.              When you saw your book mentioned in USA Today how did that make you feel?

Okay, so I know you’re not supposed to check emails while driving, but I was at a red light so it doesn’t count. When I saw the alert that my book was spotlighted on USA Today I screamed and immediately called my husband. It’s surreal and so appreciated that Michelle Monkou shined the spotlight on my novel.

Comments

Synithia said…
Thanks for the interview, Cheris! I love your books and really appreciate the suport!
Cheris Hodges said…
No problem, you are a great writer! Thanks for the interview.

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman