Five Questions with Judy Lynn Hubbard, author of These Arms of Mine

Twitter is a great place to meet new authors. That's where I met Kimani author Judy Lynn Hubbard. I knew she was cool because she's a Dallas Cowboys fan! Then she shared an excerpt from her debut novel, These Arms of Mine. It left me wanting more and more.
Thankfully, the wait is almost over! Hubbard's book is set to be released on January 24.

Judy spoke with me about her first novel and writing.





1. When did you decide to write romance?   

When I was 14, my sister gave me my first Harlequin Romance novel to read and since then I knew one day I wanted to write a book for Harlequin. Many years later, I finally completed my first novel and after many re-writes and submissions, I went on to write my second novel (These Arms of Mine) that was accepted by Harlequin Kimani after corresponding with them for about 10 months.  So, persistence and having faith in oneself definitely pays off!

2. What is your debut novel, These Arms of Mine about? 

It’s a reunion romance about two people who met, were attracted to each other, but were pulled apart by bad choices and circumstances.  When they’re reunited two years later, Alesha needs a huge favor from Derrick (whose heart she broke years before) and Derrick wants some long-denied answers and maybe even a little revenge from the woman he thinks needlessly ruined his life.  Of course old feelings resurface and they both have to work through personal demons as they try to find their happily ever after together. 

3. What are you looking forward to the most about your January 24th release?

Honestly, seeing it go on sale.   I’m anxious for readers to get their hands on it and tell me what they think.  Writing is great, but knowing that your work will available and read by others is what it’s all about.

4. When and where is your favorite place to write?

I can write anywhere—finding the time is the hard part for me.  I’m always so busy, but I try to write every day.  I usually save my weekends for writing—that’s my favorite time to write, sitting at my desk and I also enjoy writing late at night when the house is quiet and I’m in bed with my laptop  perched on my legs.

5. How can readers get in contact with you?

I’m online everyday literally!  I can be reached at the following addresses:

Email:  judylynnhubbard@gmail.com

Make sure you pre-order These Arms of Mine from your favorite book seller!

Comments

Thanks for having me on your blog Cheris!
vickiwe said…
Hi Judy! I'm looking foward to reading your new release. BTW, I love the cover!
Hi Vicki, thanks and I hope you enjoy it!
Hi Judy! Huge congrats on your upcoming release! Like you I started reading HQ at a young age and have always enjoyed their books. So your book is definitely one I'll be adding to my tbr :) And hopefully one day I'll be as lucky as you and can something of mine pubbed with them!

Enjoy your success!!!
Farrah Rochon said…
I'm so looking forward to Judy's book! I love, love, love reunion stories!
Thank you, Farrah! I'm biting my fingernails--it's almost release day!!
Phyllis Bourne said…
I've got my pre-order in, and can hardly wait for your debut to hit my Kindle.

Congrats, Judy!
Thanks for your support, Phyllis. I hope you like it! I can't believe it's almost release day!
Gwyneth Bolton said…
Congratulations on your new release! I have mine on pre-order and can't wait to read it. Wishing you all the best and much success!
Thank you, Gwyneth! I appreciate your support!
Wayne said…
Three more days before it's on my iPad.

Welcome to the Kimani family.
Thanks for stopping by Wayne! Three more days--WOW!!
Welcome to the Kimani family, Judy. I love reunion stories. Can't wait to read it.
Thanks, Star. I hope you like TAOM!
Chicki Brown said…
I'm so glad to have met you on Twitter, Judy, and so happy for you about your upcoming release.

Just shared your Amazon page on FB. Can't wait to get my copy!
Thanks for all of your support, Chicki! Thanks for all of your great re-tweets and re-posts, too. You're the best!
Cheris Hodges said…
Judy, thanks for agreeing to be on the blog. I can't wait to read this book. Your excerpt really had me hooked!
Thanks for having me, Cheris! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman