Why I love Prince

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know I celebrated Prince Day by playing all of his music, watching Purple Rain, Under The Cherry Moon and even Graffiti Bridge.
As the Purple One's birthday winds down, I thought I'd share the songs that inspired me to write certain books --more specifically-- some scenes in certain books. See, I can't write without music. And since I can't sing or play instruments, I'm glad I fell in love with Prince in 1984 when I had no idea what Nikki was doing with that magazine. :)

1. His Sexy Bad Habit --Do Me Baby (Controversy, 1981)















2. Revelations -- I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man (Sign O' The Times, 1987) 

 









3. Recipe For Desire -- Housequake, Adore (Sign O' The Times, 1987)

















4. Let's Get It On-- Eye Hate U, (The Gold Experience, 1995), Letitgo (Come, 1994), Joy In Repetition (Graffiti Bridge, 1990), The Greatest Romance That's Ever Been Sold, (Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic, 1999)















 5. Too Hot For TV -- Baby, I'm A Star,  I Would Die For You (Purple Rain, 1984)
















And, of course, at some point, Erotic City has been playing while I've written all of my books. ;) And since it's playing right now, two of my characters are about to make love.

Thank you Prince! I hope you enjoyed your birthday as much as I did!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty