Dear Robin Thicke: Just stop it.

When I first heard Thicke singing When I get You Alone, I was hooked. I didn't think Robin Thicke would eat Jon B's career, but it seems as if these days you can only have one white boy with soul in R&B. But I digress.

So, Babyface couldn't duplicate the success of Jon B with Robin. I'm thinking it may have had more to do with long hair and bike riding video. Then the Neptunes took over and The Evolution of Robin Thicke was born.

My favorite song from that CD was Wanna Love You Girl. Pharrell is a damned genius. So, I was drinking the Robin Thicke Kool-Aid and pretending that he wasn't corny Alan Thicke's son. Then I saw he was married to Paula Patton.

I'm a sucker for a love story. They were high school sweethearts, she was the inspiration for his music. She was on the cover of his first album and the star of many of his videos. Aww, the romance writer in me was pleased.

Then, Robin started tripping. It started with some off handed comments made to Essence magazine where HE was telling BLACK men how to love BLACK women.
Hold up, partner —having a black wife doesn't make you an expert on black love.
To be a part of your biggest days -- you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle -- there’s really nothing sweeter. That’s the truth.

It’s actually the best thing. It’s nice if you can make someone drop it like it’s hot, or pop a bottle. But we’re always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers -- you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers -- is that they haven’t been with the same woman for 18 years and I’ve been with a Black woman for 18 years. I’ve never dated a White woman. Don’t want to. I’ve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you -- you know I can’t live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didn’t have a great relationship with my mom and she didn’t have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. She’s my mama and I’m her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other
 I started giving Robin the side eye after this. Like, really partner? Just keep singing. I bought Love After War, it was a decent album. AND YES, it inspired the name of my latest novel, Love After War.
Again, I digress.
So, Robin blew up after Blurred Lines. And like the old saying goes, success shows who you really are. Robin Thicke is obviously an asshole. He did some shit, Paula left.
He wants her back and he's going about it in the worst way ever. Publicly. Jesus H. Christ, stop it please.

He named his new album, Paula.
His song, Get Her Back, has a video that features a Paula look alike and possible text messages that the two may have exchanged. Umm, dude, some things need to stay between a husband and wife. You trying to win your wife back is one of them.

Of course, Robin isn't the first man to use his personal pain to make music. Marvin Gaye left a blue print for it with Here, My Dear. His divorce settlement to Anna Gordy. Gaye was sued to keep this album from seeing the light of day. The difference in HMD and Paula is the fact that Marvin was mad as hell. He didn't want Anna back. He admitted that he was cheating with that young girl and the music was so much better.
My favorite cut from HMD:
A Funky Space Reincarnation (Google it. Great song!)
Now,  legend has it the Eric Benet's Hurricane was about his ex Halle Berry. *Kanye Shrug* You could say that Pretty Baby was a veiled reference to Berry, who we all know is beautiful. And before Eric Benet remarried, folks swore UP AND DOWN that all of his songs were about Halle Berry. Shaking my head, because I didn't see it.

But, back to Robin Thicke. If he wants to win Paula back, he needs to do one thing, STOP IT. 
That's right, stop with the public begging, stop with the sad sap songs and shut up. 
He needs to privately apologize to her, because my ears are bleeding. I can't with the begging. Maybe he shouldn't have done whatever it was that he did. Maybe he should've honored his marriage vows. Maybe he is more like his daddy than we wanted to believe

PS: Jon B is married to a black woman and he doesn't act like this! 

Comments

Miss Joyce said…
My ex-boy dumped me 4 months ago after I accused him of seeing another woman and insulting him.I want him back in my life but he refused to have any contact with me. he changed his line and email address. I was so confuse and don't know what to do. So I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimonies of how this powerful spell caster help them to get their ex back. So I contact the spell caster whose name is Dr Ekpiku and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2days that my ex will return to me, and to my greatest surprise the Second day my ex came knocking at my door and i immediately pleaded and ask him to forgive me. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that,i was awarded a contract of 5 Million Pounds for 4 years. Once again thank you Dr Ekpiku,you are truly talented and gifted. Email: {Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com}. He is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing his good work because people are still talking about him on the Internet and Radio Stations
I have another theory that I believe is driving Robin's actions. We don't know how the argument went between Robin and Paula but my theory is it went like this. Robin: Paula, I'm so sorry, I'll never do it again. Paula: Oh, you're gonna embarrass me in PUBLIC, hand on that woman's butt in the press. Talking smack in the press. But you're gonna sit here in my face and apologize to me in PRIVATE. Let me tell you what you can do with your apologies!" And then Robin goes in public to change the narrative to the other woman's butt, to trying to get his wife back and keep his family together. I don't know if that really happened, but you have to account for the possibility.

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman