Facebook Page-Turners a place for readers

Raine Bradley is a genius. She created a space for readers on Facebook where authors and readers come together and discuss books. It's like a grown up Reading Rainbow! But it's called FB Page Turners.

No one is trying to sell their book.
No street team members post links to books. It's like a big room for avid readers and everyone talks about reading.


1. How did you come up with the idea for FB Page Turners? 


 It was a Friday night and I was at a friend's home for dinner and I was teasing my husband for not being a reader.  I then said, I'm going to start see who on FB would join an online bookclub...within 24 hours I had 200 members and by Monday there were 500...I like to say that it was not only a good idea but a God-idea!  BTW, my husband is a member, even though the last book he read cover to cover was Charlotte's Web in 3rd grade. LOL
 
 

2. What are five of your favorite books? 

To Kill a Mockingbird
Perfect Peace
Fifth Born
Darkest Child
The teeny-tiny woman (a kid's book) - my first-born was a preemie and I was given this book because my Aunt called her teeny-tiny. All of my daughters have been preemies and teeny tiny women!
 
 

3. Your group is all about reading, why do you think people need a place online to simply discuss books? 


There are sites to discuss hair, politics, children- why not books?!?  Reading, it is said, is becoming a lost art, so I am determined to save it, 2700 members at a time!
 


4. What's been the most rewarding thing about creating this place for readers on Facebook? 


The most rewarding thing is meeting ALL these readers!  Men, women, white, black...I love it!  I love the discourse that is held between members and I've learned that avid readers are BRUTALLY honest!!
 
 

5. How can readers join your group? 


First, let me give them the disclaimer..."It's addictive!"  You've been warned.  Send a request to join and I will make sure you are added.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

We can be so petty

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman