No, I will not write a book about you . . .

I love being a writer. I get the chance to do two very important types of writing, fiction and journalistic.
As a journalist, I'm glad to tell your story. You fought city hall and won, I want to know all about it. You created some new gadget that can turn waste water into clean drinking water, let's talk.

But. . .don't ask me to write a book about you. There's a reason I write fiction. I like to create the world and the characters. If I want John Smith to be a snarky bastard, he will be a snarky bastard and there's nothing he can do about it. If I want Andrea to be a virgin tease, then that's who she is. Writing about a real person leaves you open to that person trying to take over your story, edits about their life and, god-forbid, a lawsuit. You may see yourself as a heroic person, but as you tell me your story, I may see you as an asshole. If that's what I see, that's what I'm going to write and you're not going to like it.

And then there is the question that we never ask ourselves, why does someone want to read 80,000 to 100,000 words about my life? Let's be honest, the average person is not that interesting. Take Cheris Hodges for example. I wake up late, most mornings, rush into the shower, have a cup of coffee and speed to work. When I arrive at work, I interview people, I write, I wait for my editor to read my story, go to lunch at the park or Subway and then I go home. From there, I hop on the Wii and play Super Hula Hoop. If I'm lucky, there's an episode of Deadly Women on Discovery ID that I haven't seen. Then I write. **Knock, knock are you still awake?**
There have been a few stand out events in my life, but not enough to fill a book.

Also, when someone says, you should write a book about me, they never say: And I'll pay you. There are people who think writing is a hobby. No, darling, this is my career. This is how I pay my bills. When I was in high school, I wrote for fun, but I graduated in 1995. It's 2011.

Above all else, I love to write what I want to write. No restrictions on what I can and can't say, what I can and can't create. I don't need people dictating how I craft my books. I get PLENTY of that when I write news stories. I started writing fiction for a reason. So, no, I can't and I won't write a book about you.

But, if you want someone to do it, here's some helpful information about ghostwriters.
Mike Valentino: I've helped people across the United States and throughout the world as a novel editor or ghost writer on hundreds of novels, short stories In addition to being a novel editor, I'm also available to work on screenplays, manuscript rewrites, articles and all kinds of nonfiction projects. 
Ghostwriters International
Ghostwriters International is a professional writing company. Our writers have vast experience writing for clients.
All our writers are native English speakers, and our senior writer was commissioned by Harper Collins to ghost write a book for them.
Ghost Writers International can manage all your writing projects.
Discuss with us yours writing needs with us, as we can help you get started with your writing projects.
But beware, there are scammers out there. 
"When it comes to protecting yourself against scams in the ghost writing business, the writer really needs to research numerous companies and ghostwriters," says Joel Hochman, President of Arbor Books.

"When it comes to choosing a ghostwriter or ghostwriting firm, get the promises in writing," says Larry Leichman, co-owner of Arbor Books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty