- What goes into putting together a public relations campaign?
- Tell the readers about the importance of branding.
- How do you decide who to represent?
- What has been the most successful campaign you’ve launched?
- How did you get into public relations?
- What advice would you give to someone looking to get into the industry? Conversely, what would you tell someone –maybe an author – who is looking for a PR representative?
As far as an author looking for a publicist, I would say find someone with experience and who has relationships with media and key influencers. You need someone who will work tirelessly to make sure your book gets in front of the right people. Promoting a book is more than writing news releases announcing that the book is out and sending copies to editors. You need someone who is creative and is able to find ways to make the book relevant.