Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop: Part 18

Though I needed Rich to drive me back to my car, I was too mad to think clearly. "Wake up!" I screamed as I threw his phone at him. The iPhone crashed into the headboard and fell on his head. Rich jolted awake. "What?" he stammered.
"Trainee?"
"What are you. . .did you just throw my phone at me? What in the fuck is going on?"
Glaring at him, I wished I had something else to throw. Glass, lead pipe -- anything.
"You tell me, you lying son of a bitch. I'm so sick of men like you."
"Mimi, I don't know what your damned problem is, but you are mental." He sat up and threw his legs over the side of the bed.
"And you're a liar. Your phone rang while you were sleeping."
"You went through my phone?"
"I sure did. And you aren't worth a damn," I spat. "All you had to do was be honest, Richard. But you wanted to sell me a bill of lies. I didn't ask you for that. You could've kept your lies to yourself. Get the fuck out of my house."
He pulled his clothes on and shook his head. "You are so fucking typical."
"I'm typical? You lying son of a bitch. You fucking me and lying to your ex, but I'm typical? Look up bullshit artist in the dictionary, your picture is there."
He glared at me, trying to pretend that he'd been victimized. "You know what," he said with a slight nod. "I didn't want to get hurt. I like you, but your attitude is fucked up. That's why you're going to be single for a long time -- if not forever."
That did it. I picked up one of my Nike Airmax sneakers and tossed it at him. Direct hit, straight to the forehead. "If being with a man means dealing with lying motherfucker like you, then I will stock up on batteries. Get the hell out of here before I do something that I'm going to have to go to court for."
Rich dashed for the door and I could have sworn I heard the words stupid and bitch leave his mouth before the door slammed. Walking into the living room, I plopped down on the sofa -- willing myself not to cry. It wasn't the fact that Rich was out of my life, I was tired of this Groundhog's Day shit. If I'm honest with myself, I was wrong for hopping into bed with him so quickly. I expected too much, too soon. Of course a man will be nice when the pussy is new. But at the end of the day, month or year, they always fall back on the bullshit they can control. Well, I was done. Done with Rich, men in general, and my fucking job. Mimi Collins was going to start over. All I could do was hope and pray that Charlotte was not going to be the same shit, different zip code.
Now, if I could only find a job there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty