Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop: Part 21-B

The party heated up after another twenty minutes passed and everyone loved the music David was spinning. He even threw in Raphael Saadiq, which made me smile. Even fake ass Beyonce seemed to be in a better mood when she returned with the Patron. The lime were a little too juicy for me to trust. An hour and three shots later, David introduced a local singer -- Janease Gibson. She was the first person signed to his label. The girl could sing and she had her own style. I was impressed but when David joined Sonia and me at our VIP table, that girl was the last thing on my mind.
"Congratulations, David," Sonia said. "Looks like you have a star on your hands."
He nodded and sipped his water. "That's one of the reasons I came back here. Untapped talent and too many superstars in this city don't do shit for anyone else."
Sonia rolled her eyes as if this was a conversation she'd heard before and had no interest in hearing again. David continued, talking about how so many people --including members of the Charlotte Bobcats and the Carolina Panthers -- could give back to the city's troubled neighborhoods and give kids a shot to do something with their lives. He sounded passionate and serious about what he was saying. Though I wanted to tell him that everyone in a troubled neighborhood wasn't a singer or an athlete, but I was transfixed by his lips. I just watched them move and nodded a couple of times to pretend that I was engaged in more than just thinking about those lips around my nipples. I needed to get it together. And in my wisdom of getting it together, I took another shot of tequila. I shook my head as the heat flushed my system and tingles danced along my spine, I knew tequila was my weakness and made me do things that I knew would get me in trouble. Rich's face suddenly danced in my mind like a warning. I set the shot glass down and looked away from him.
"Are you bored?" he asked me. "Too much talking and not enough party now?"
"No," I said. "Just a little tired and I have to go to work in the morning."
He nodded toward Sonia. "I'm sure your boss will understand if you're a little late."
"Umm," Sonia said. "No, she won't."
"Then on that note, I'm going to have to call it a night," I said as I rose to my feet. David stood as well and took both my hands in his.
"It was great meeting you," he said. "And I hope to see you again, soon."
All I could do was smile. Sonia stretched her arms above her head and yawned. It was time to go. When David released my hands, I found his business card in my left palm. I guess soon was going to happen very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman rapes a dead man and gets pregnant

Django Unchained or The live version of Catcher Freeman

We can be so petty